Formally established in 2015 at the King Power stadium, Foxes Pride is a voluntary organisation consisting of LGBT+ and allies supporters of Leicester City Football Club. We are diverse and inclusive of all, with one thing in common: our love for LCFC!
Photos from the launch of Foxes Pride, 11th June 2015.
Our co-founders Graeme Smith and Gareth Miller had previously met in 2014 in response to LCFC not actively participating with the Rainbow Laces campaign that year. When Graeme and Gareth enquired about Rainbow Laces and LGBT+ activities, LCFC encouraged us to set up our supporters group – and the rest is history.
- To enable its members to have a shared interest in Leicester City Football Club, and to promote the Club within LGBT+ communities.
- To work cooperatively with other Leicester City Football Club supporters groups and other LGBT+ groups.
- To work with Leicester City Football Club and others to tackle homophobia, biphobia and transphobia in football.
- To promote the welfare of Leicester City Football Club’s LGBT+ supporters, and to ensure that King Power Stadium is a welcoming and friendly environment for all.
- Before Covid-19, we would meet up on match days, often at Rainbow & Dove, Leicester! Here we would celebrate or commiserate after the match with fellow Foxes Pride members. We hope to do this in person soon.
- Starting in 2020, when fans were not allowed into stadia, we had to enjoy watching LCFC at home. This involved pre-match zoom meetings to meet up with opposition LGBT+ fans, sharing stories and making score predictions!